minimo wine shop is looking for a dynamic, experienced, and dedicated Sales Associate to join our team part-time.
minimo is a unique retail wine shop in Oakland focusing on small-production natural wines. We offer weekly thematic tastings, and allow customers to drink purchased bottles in the shop. minimo is a community-minded business where we create experiences for discovering and learning about wines, and offer highly personalized customer service. We are passionate about the wines we carry, and committed to sharing their stories with our customers. minimo is a local, women-owned business committed to inclusivity and diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer, seeking a diverse pool of applicants.
The Sales Associate will be involved in retail sales, pouring and sharing information during wine tastings, and building customer relationships. The ideal Sales Associate will enjoy interacting and engaging with all types of customers, be outgoing and personable, knowledgeable and passionate about the types of wines and ciders represented at minimo, and competent in writing skills.
- Pro-active, friendly, and thoughtful customer service
- Assist customers in the selection of wines and ciders
- Conduct weekly thematic wine tastings, including pouring and sharing information about the wines and winemakers featured
- Contribute content for shelf talkers, website, e-newsletters, blog posts, or social media channels
- Inventory and supply stocking
- General cleanup and maintenance tasks
- Open or close the shop
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of wine (especially American & European), with a strong interest in natural wine
- Experience required, either in retail or in wine/food/hospitality industries
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled at sharing information about wines in an accessible and engaging way
- Outgoing, personable, and social
- Organized, efficient, professional, trustworthy, and reliable
- Experience with social media or marketing preferred
- Must be able to lift 30-40 lbs frequently
- Must be 21 years of age or older
To apply, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com